2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
When equipped properly, the 2020 GMC Sierra towing capacity reaches a formidable 6,078 kilograms (13,400 pounds). This rugged capability makes this truck the ideal choice for Stratford contractors and weekend warriors looking to make the most of their adventures in Cornwall. This light-duty pickup offers enough muscle under the hood to ensure you can rule the PEI job site with ease. Learn more about the new GMC Sierra towing capacity and features with the experts at Hillside Chevrolet Buick GMC below!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
Regardless of which configuration catches your eye, the GMC Sierra towing capacity will match any challenge you present. In order to reach the max towing capacity of 6,078 kilograms, you need to select the Double Cab configuration with a standard cargo box, a 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, and the Max Trailering Package. This versatile pickup offers an array of configurations, packages, drivetrains, and more. Some of the specs that lead to the advanced GMC Sierra towing capacity include:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Cab Style: Crew Cab, Double Cab, or Regular Cab
- Trim levels and accessories options
If you select the Crew Cab, your towing capacity will range from 2,498 – 5,488 kilograms. If you decide that the Double Cab is more your style, you can expect a max towing capacity between 2,993 – 6,078 kilograms.
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This package will bring together the features needed for the GMC Sierra to reach its maximum towing potential. Your Sierra will be outfitted with a 24.8 cm (9.76-inch) rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator to increase performance.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: In order to avoid rolling, your Electronic Parking Brake will automatically set when you park using Hitch View.
- Trailering Camera Package: Upgrade with two side-view mirror cameras to make lane changes and parking easier.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Depending on which drive mode you are in, the system will adjust the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Through a control panel in your center console, you can adjust and monitor your breaks.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System will allow you to access some of the most innovative towing technology on the market. Through high-resolution cameras, your in-cabin display, and smartphone app, towing becomes safer and easier than ever.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Experience a whole new view of your truck with dynamic gridlines and zoom capabilities for simple trailering.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: This feature allows you to ensure your trailer lights are functioning properly, even when you are by yourself.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: With a pre-departure checklist, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more, your trailering will be safer and more secure.
Get Behind the Wheel at Hillside Chevrolet Buick GMC
Ready to have the power of the GMC Sierra towing capacity under your reign? Contact us today to learn more about this impressive truck. If you are ready to move ahead, apply for financing for pre-approval. Explore our new vehicle specials to ensure you secure the best deal! Looking for a luxurious GMC? Consider the Denali line or the GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation with our experts today!
More from Hillside Chevrolet Buick GMC
2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 Configurations & Pricing
If you’re shopping for 2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 trim levels near Stratford, you’ll have plenty of options. In total, there are nine 2023 Chevy Silverado configurations for you to choose from, so we’ve made the research process just a bit easier by breaking down the pricing and core features for each of the Silverado…
2023 Chevy Bolt EV Range
Nearly any new Chevrolet vehicle will deliver you impressive efficiency as you take on the Stratford roads. However, if you’ve been thinking about making the switch to an all-electric vehicle, look no further than the 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV. The new Chevy Bolt EV is a fully-electric vehicle that provides the latest technology and…
2023 GMC Sierra 3500 Towing Capacity
The 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 can up to 16,329 kg when properly equipped. Take a moment to learn about its towing and engine specs, the 2023 GMC Sierra 3500 payload capacity, and this truck’s many towing and hauling features. Then, apply for financing and contact Hillside Chevrolet Buick GMC to test drive the Sierra 3500 for sale…
0 comment(s) so far on 2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity